Hear ye! Hear ye! On this day, 25 years ago, a queen was born, and her name is Deveney Marshall! *laughs* I know. I know. A bit much right?! But would you have me any other way?
As I sit on my flight (I’m heading to Vegas to celebrate my big day!) I just keep thinking to myself where has the time gone?! It feels like just yesterday I was in second-grade learning the art of cursive handwriting, and now I’m a quarter of century old. Time truly flies by.
In honor of this milestone birthday, I’ve decided to list “25 Things I Learned Before I was 25!” I hope you all enjoy! Check it out below!
1. Be Yourself. (Everyone else is already taken.)
2. Happiness comes from within. (Not a soul on earth or beyond can make you happy if you aren’t content with yourself first.)
3. Whatever you put out into the universe, you will get back. (Whether it be good or negative energy.)
4. Everything is not for everybody. (Just because something is the status quo, doesn’t mean you need to have that thing as well.)
5. It’s okay not to be perfect. (Perfection is not attainable, because honestly it’s not real.)
6. Stop worrying about having it all together. (You will figure it all out, in due time, and if you never figure it out that’s okay too.)
7. If it doesn’t feel right within your soul do not do it.
8. It’s okay to have different friends for different things. (Just don’t forget the people that have been there for you since day one.)
9. Don’t push yourself into something you know you are not ready for.
10. Dreams do come true. (With the help of faith and hard work, your dreams can come into fruition.)
11. Take care of your body, and it will be good to you. (Eat well, exercise, and drink lots of water.)
12. Relationships are hard work, and should be taken seriously. (If you want to just date and have fun, you should! It’s an important part of your growth process.)
13. Savor each and every moment of life.
14. Don’t allow society to determine who you are suppose to be. (You have the right to be whoever you want to be in life, remember that.)
15. Surround yourself with beautiful, kindred souls. (The people you allow to be in your life does affect you as a person.)
16. You’re word is all that you have. (Don’t tell someone you are going to do something and don’t.)
17. Be nice to your skin. (You’ll be so thankful that you did in 20+ years.)
18. Music makes everything in life better.
19. Don’t ask for respect, demand it. (If you take yourself seriously, everyone else will also.)
20. Don’t force something that’s not meant to be. (If something is truly meant to be, it will naturally just happen.)
21. Take time to meditate every week. (Do whatever makes you feel most centered, going to church and doing yoga are my go-tos.)
22. Be grateful. (No matter where you are in your life, you are blessed.)
23. You don’t know everything. (Enjoy the learning experience life is, just because you know a lot, doesn’t mean you know everything.)
24. PRAY OFTEN.
25. God will always have your back, always.
I feel so blessed to see yet another wonderful year, and I’m very excited to start this new chapter of my life. I’m sure the next 25 years of my life will be simply amazing! I’m looking forward to writing “50 Things I Learned before I was 50!” I’m sure you’ll be reading that list in my best-seller. *flips hair*