As you all may know today is Mother’s Day! The day created to celebrate the ladies in your life whom have played an important role in your upbringing, and the women in your life who you love and respect as mothers. I’ve always felt that when it came to the parents department, I am truly blessed. I have a mom who is not only a beautiful mother but a wonderful friend. Words can not begin to describe how grateful I am to have such an admirable mom.
When I first started writing this post I had an idea to do an open letter to my mom about how much I love her, but as I began to type I realized I couldn’t get through it without crying all over my laptop. So instead I’ve decided to make a list of the top 10 greatest things my mother has ever taught me. I hope you all enjoy it!
1. “Give everything to God, and leave it there.”
2. “If you follow rule #1 everything else in life will be simple.”
3. “Crying doesn’t mean your weak, it’s just means you’re healing your soul.”
4. “Trust your intuition, it will NEVER lead you wrong.”
5. “Never judge someone, you don’t know their story.”
6. “You don’t like something about yourself, change it, if it can’t be changed embrace it.”
7. “All the makeup in the world will never make a person who has ugly insides pretty.”
8. “Who says you can only do one thing in life?”
9. “Sometimes you just have to handle people with a “long-handled” spoon.” (Look it up people.)
10. “I didn’t name you Deveney so you can be like everyone else in the world.”
I appreciate my mom so much for all of the incredible lessons I’ve learned from her. Everyday she inspires me to be a better human being. I pray one day I can be everything to my kids that she is to me.
What things have you learned from the women you will be celebrating this Mother’s Day? Be sure you tell them just how much they have influenced your life.